714 Mokerdillup Road, Bridgetown
|5 Beds||2 Baths||40 Hectares||6 car spaces|
Situated in the idyllic locality of Wandillup, only 10km from Bridgetown, is this incredible and unique 100 acre property.
Upon entering, the picturesque landscapes and beautiful dams will take your breath away. The driveway flows past the water, and up to the two-storey, quality brick homestead- which boasts the most magnificent outlooks. Many years of love and planning are evident, from the multiple sheds and outbuildings, to the well executed house-yard, and the various groves of established trees which grow here.
The impressive house features a homely jarrah kitchen and dining, two spacious living areas on the top floor, four bedrooms plus a study/fifth bedroom. There is ample storage throughout, with built-in robes in the upstairs bedrooms, floor to ceiling cupboards in the laundry, and a separate storage room downstairs. Also on the ground floor is a huge rumpus room- one can picture many family celebrations and laughter in this versatile space.
The master suite showcases views across the property, a walk-in wardrobe and ensuite with W/C. A second family bathroom is also found on the top floor.
There is simply so much to say, more features of the house and yard include:
• Jarrah beams and architraves are made from Jarrah milled on the property
• Double-sided fireplace in the kitchen and formal living room
• Glass sliding doors open onto the extensive balcony, from both the kitchen and the formal living room
• Family room/man cave with wood fire, built-in bar and servery window into the kitchen
• Third W/C on the ground floor
• Various upgrades and maintenance- stainless steel security mesh installed, new carpets, new vertical blinds, electric kitchen wall oven, gas stove-top, septic tank system, complete internal repaint- all completed in recent years
• Tiled foyer/formal entrance with floor to ceiling glass windows and doors
• Roof-top solar hot water system- refurbished including a new central rod, approximately two years ago
• House and garden water supplied via the property dams, and rooftop rainwater collection into the tanks
• Single garage under the main roof, with shoppers entrance
• Multiple sheds and outbuildings, including a large internal coolroom suitable for meat, vegetables and bottled drinks
• Chook pen
• Highly productive Kalamata and Green Olive trees, various citrus trees and a Smyrna Quince tree, all in the well maintained house-yard
On and around the property you will also find:
• Multiple windmills- fully serviced, approximately two years ago
• Eight dams in total, five at the front and three dams to the rear- visited regularly by many native animals and birds, including black swans and ducks
• Rich soil and cleared paddocks, currently running sheep and lambs- in the past has run cattle
• Unique grove of Willow trees- traditionally used to make cricket bats!
This admirable holding is bordered on two sides by the Yornup State Forest, ensuring privacy and peace for the new very lucky owners.
For a family with children, the school bus run stops at the property entrance gate.
So many possibilities are available when considering this amazing piece of land- if you are wanting to undertake aquaculture and/or farming pursuits- and are looking for a place to truly call home, then an inspection is a must! Contact John to discuss.